In modern manufacturing, machines do not simply assemble parts, but constantly exchange data with each other. In the ideal “Industry 4.0” scenario, the manufacturing process even largely organizes itself. Humans monitor, optimize and control so that production runs as smoothly as possible. Robust tablet PCs are ideally suited for this process control.
The liberation from the fixed workstation in a control room is made possible by an interplay of technologies:
- Sensors and fast data transmission enable the monitoring of production processes in real time
- Secure cloud technologies and Big Data analysis tools allow unprecedented monitoring and control capabilities
- Special visualization software prepares the data and ensures optimal process visualization and management
Trained personnel can absorb this information directly at the manufacturing plant site. Fast decisions become possible. Instead of notebooks, industrial tablets are increasingly being used.
Process control exemplified by automotive production
A current example of this is a solution for process control and visualization in the production of a well-known German sports car manufacturer. The production planners had been specifically looking for new terminals for operation and visualization. Industrial tablets are used as a supplement to panel PCs. The tablet PCs are mounted on the plant using docking stations: this enables both stationary and mobile process monitoring and control.
Industrial Tablet Solutions provided by CONCEPT
For such applications, Concept International has the industrial tablets of the “Full Rugged” class in its portfolio. They are certified to IP67 protection class and are thus resistant to temperature, pressure and humidity fluctuations that can occur in tough industrial applications (for more information on IP classes, see our IP protection class overview). The tablets presented on rugged-tablet.com show you a range of possible configurations as well as different screen sizes. Our specialty are customized tablet PCs. Special customizations are also possible upon request, such as:
- Individual device branding, for example by placing your company logo behind the touch glass of the tablet.
- Use of an integrated Legic card reader for authentication of employees in production